RBR Logger Configuration and Analysis Software
All RBR instruments use a single piece of software: Ruskin. Compatible with PCs and Macs, it is the only application needed to deploy, download, and display the resulting data from your logger. Even if you don't have an RBR instrument yet, you can simulate deployments and estimate battery autonomy and memory usage for different scenarios.
Ruskin is easy to install and simple to use. For Serial to USB driver download link scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Multiple instrument interface: More than one logger can be connected to Ruskin at a time and multiple data sets can be viewed at the same time
- Multilanguage capability: English, French, Spanish, Polish, and Chinese. With more coming soon!
- Flexible export: In addition to the raw logger data file (.hex) Ruskin supports the following formats native Matlab (.mat), OceanDataView (.odv) and Excel (.xls), as well as a simple plain ASCII (.txt) format.
- Simple plotting: When you want to check that the deployment worked out, Ruskin gives you a set of simple charting tools to help you visualize your data. Raw, measured, and derived channels; logger diagnostics, depth plots, event stamps and so on.
- PNG and PDF plot output: Ruskin saves plots in PNG (bitmap) and PDF (vector) formats with the click of a button.
- Complete deployment simulation: If you are curious about battery autonomy or memory usage estimates, Ruskin can simulate any RBR logger and estimate the deployment resources required.
- Calibration: One or two point calibration for dissolved oxygen pH, pressure, and turbidity
- Automatic update: You don't need to check with us if we have added new features - Ruskin will check for you. Each time you start Ruskin, it will see if there is an improved version available, and if so, ask you if you want to download it. For free!
- Comments, It's easy to send feedback: From the Help/Comment on Ruskin menu, you can tell us about features you think we should add, or bugs you've found.
Serial to USB (dongle / driver) issues: We recommend the EasySync ES-U-1001-a dongle using the FTDI driver as we have found that many do not work satisfactorily (see FAQ section) . Remember to install the driver otherwise the com port will not be visible to Ruskin.
|Ruskin for PCs||Legacy Software|
|Ruskin for Macs||Serial to USB FTDI driver Easy Sync ES-U-1001-a|