Submersible Tide Recorder
RBR's new single channel submersible tide gauge, the RBRvirtuoso D |tide, is designed to record tide gauges for long term monitoring of tidal activity in unattended locations. The RBRvirtuoso tide is a self-contained, submersible logger; using a pressure transducer to monitor the tide action.
- Store over 30 million readings internally.
- Fast download.
- True USB speed and convenience.
- RS-232 and RS-485 support for telemetry and long cable usage.
- Longer deployments with eight CR123A batteries (optional extended body with 16 batteries).
- Improved instrument design.
- High accuracy measurements.
- New microprocessor, real-time operating system, sophisticated power management, and USB and serial connectivity.
- Mechanical redesign to reduce the complexity of the internal parts and more efficient use of the space available.
- Unique desiccant holder in the battery end cap.
Tide measurement is achieved by averaging pressure data, sampled at a rate of up to 6Hz. The sample period and the length of the averaging burst are fully programmable. It has a built-in averaging function to eliminate interference from wave action and it can be mounted on the sea or harbour floor, or fastened to an existing structure or mooring line (mooring clamps optional). The depth channel is calibrated to an accuracy of 0.05% full scale with ranges of 10, 20, 50 and 100m Calibration constants are stored in the logger and recalibration is easily carried out by the end-user.